- Complete RHS Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Horticulture (4 commendations).
- Cambridge University Botanic Garden Certificate of Higher Education in Practical Horticulture and Plantsmanship.
- Professional Gardeners’ Guild Diploma in Practical Horticulture.
- Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies IUAV Institute of Architecture Venice.
- Diploma in Garden Design from the English Gardening School (based at the Chelsea Physic Garden).
- Professional experience gained in three different countries.
- Over ten years of hand-on experience in amenity, ornamental, and botanical horticulture.
- First-hand experience of Japanese gardening and flora (plant choice, pruning and bonsai).
- Certificates from the recognised associations of the English industry of horticulture and landscaping (NPTC, PASMA).
- Legal qualifications in the use of the tractor driving, chainsaw, chemical spraying, wood-chipper, brushcutter and strimmer, scaffolding towers.
- Training in dry stone walling, hedge laying, risk assessment, manual handling, first aid.