1. INITIAL CONSULTATION
- I visit your garden free of charge and talk through potentials, practical issues, design ideas and your aspirations. My aim is to understand what kind of garden you have in mind.
3. SITE SURVEY AND ANALYSIS
- I carefully survey your garden to complete a comprehensive analysis, assessing views, soil conditions, drainage, existing features and any other relevant feature. Depending to the scale of the site, the survey is carried out by me or a land surveyor.
5. MASTER PLAN AND PLANTING DESIGN
- The Master Plan is a colour presentation showing the big picture of the new garden. It is associated with a more detailed specification and construction drawings for carry out the work. At the same time, the Planting Plan is also produced, showing preferences, local conditions and plants that are good for your site. A plant schedule lists the sizes and quantities for costing and ordering. Depending to the situation, I can also manage the deliveries and planting work.
- Once your garden is completed, I will be around to monitor its development. We can either set up a gardening team or I can work and advice the team already in place. Following the planting of your garden I can offer an aftercare and maintenance service. If you enjoy to manage your new garden yourself, we can produce a maintenance schedule and guide throughout the year.
2. CLIENT BRIEF AND QUOTATION
- We fill the Client Brief. This help us to build a picture of your current use and future ambitions. Following this consultation, I provide a quotation for the design, consultation or garden maintenance work.
4. CONCEPT AND PRESENTATION PLANS
- I develop a Concept Plan of the new garden using photographs, illustrations and hard landscaping materials. The aim is to enable you to imagine the ideas before the practical work begins. I also consider an initial estimate of costs to ensure that the design matches the budget.
6. CONSTRUCTION AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Over the years, I have been working with horticulturists, surveyor, garden consultants and designers. If necessary, I can consult and work in partnership with other colleague professionals to implement your garden.