I am an Italian architect and gardener, working as Curator at Giardini di Villa della Pergola (Italy).
I hold a professional background in several British gardens, specifically botanical institutions, private houses, and royal estates. I worked for two years in Japan as Head Gardener, in an English-style garden in the southern part of the archipelago.
Architect by education, I enjoy keeping both secateurs and the pencil always with me. Garden design and consultancy are a relevant activity of my working life, together with writing.
HORTICULTURAL TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Complete RHS Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Horticulture (4 commendations)
- Cambridge University Botanic Garden Certificate of Higher Education in Practical Horticulture and Plantsmanship
- Professional Gardeners’ Guild Diploma in Practical Horticulture
- Certificates from the recognised associations of the English industry of horticulture and landscaping (NPTC, PASMA)
- Legal qualifications in the use of the tractor driving, chainsaw, chemical spraying, wood-chipper, brushcutter and strimmer, scaffolding towers
- Training in dry stone walling, hedge laying, risk assessment, manual handling, first aid
- Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies IUAV Institute of Architecture Venice.
- Diploma in Garden Design from the English Gardening School (based at the Chelsea Physic Garden).
- Professional experience gained in three different countries.
- Over ten years of hand-on experience in amenity, ornamental, and botanical horticulture.
- First-hand experience of Japanese gardening and flora (plant choice, pruning and bonsai).
Sicily, Gardens and Landscapes
Tromsø Arctic-Alpine Botanic Garden